Before Enrolling In Your First Math Class @ UCR...
All students must satisfy one of the following options before entrance into a math course at UCR.
Advanced Placement Exam: The University grants credit for all College Board Advanced Placement Test for which a student scores 3 or higher. Students must send official scores to Undergraduate Admissions Office. Math Advanced Placement Exam interpretation:
- AB Exam: scores of 3, 4, 5 = Credit for Math 9A
- BC Exam: scores of 3, 4, 5 = Credit for Math 9A and 9B
California Community College course equivalence to UCR courses, please visit: assist.org
Students who do not have any coverage as mentioned above must take the UCR Placement and Advisory Exam through UCR Learning Center. For more information, please visit: placementtest.ucr.edu
Procedure for Obtaining Your Registration Access
All math majors are required to first receive advising before permission to register can be released. Please read and follow the instructions below.
Juniors and Seniors assigned to permanent faculty advisors:
Submit a course plan online via R'Web.
- Contact your Faculty Advisor: You must contact your faculty advisor for an advising appointment or go to his/her scheduled office hours. To locate your faculty advisor's contact information, please view the faculty page.
- Meeting with Faculty Advisor: You will discuss the types of math courses you plan enroll for in the upcoming quarter. Once you receive approval of a course plan, your faculty advisor will sign your academic folder.
- Approval: The Math Dept. CNAS will review within 2 business days. Once your course plan has been approved, your registration hold will be lifted and an e-mail notification will be sent to your UCR webmail account.
- Go on R'Web to register.
Attention All Students:
- Submit a course plan online via R'Web. YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ATTEND A COUNSELING SESSION WITHOUT SUBMITTING A COURSE PLAN FIRST THROUGH R'Web.
- There are no longer sign ups for advising sessions.