THE MATH DEPARTMENT DOES NOT ADVISE STUDENTS on progression information.
- The Math Department (through the CNAS Enrollment Management Center) can only place you in an appropriate class based on what you have already taken or tested into.
- Only your advisor can tell you which progression path you should be taking. Please see your advisor for information on which path you should choose.
- For Math majors: Your advisor will direct you on which path to start out on, but in the end, all of the above Math classes must be taken for a BA and BS degree.
Non Math Majors
|Paths||Classes in Order|
|Path #1||Math 4 → Math 22|
|Path #2||Math 5 → Math 9A → Math 9B → Math 9C|
|Path #3||Math 5 → Math 9A → Math 9B → Math 46|
|Path #4||Math 5 → Math 9A → Math 9B → Math 10A → Math 10B|
|Path #5||Math 6A → Math 6B → Math 9A → Math 9B → Math 9C|
|Path #6||Math 6A → Math 6B → Math 9A → Math 9B → Math 46|
|Path #7||Math 6A → Math 6B → Math 9A → Math 9B → Math 10A → Math 10B|
|Notice||Once a student has tested into Math 4, 5, or 6A, the above progressions are possible. If a student has tested directly into 9A, they would start further into one of the progression paths above.|
Math Majors Must Take the Following Math Classes:
|006B : Introduction to College Math for Science or 009A : First-Year Calculus Part I|
|009B : First-Year Calculus Part II|
|009C : First-Year Calculus Part III|
|010A : Calculus of Several Variables|
|010B : Calculus of Several Variable Part II|
|046 : Introduction to Ordinary Differential Equations|
Advising Walk in Hours
Math enrollment has moved to Webber Hall. Advising sessions are no longer held in Surge.
Contact Javier Ramirez to find out advising dates, times and locations.
for UCR Matriculated Undergraduate Students:
- Use AdvisorTrac to see your Advisor's drop in times or you can set an appointment.
- Walk in Hours are held at the CNAS Academic Advising Center in Pierce Hall.
for Concurrent Enrollment Students:
UCR Concurrent Enrollment Procedure for Mathematics Courses
Enrollment for concurrent students is handled through University Extension. Current UCR students have enrollment priority over concurrent students. Seats are not held for concurrent students and you will not be allowed to add until current students are accommodated, which can be through week 3 of the quarter. Take your University Extension Enrollment form to the CNAS Enrollment Management Center in Batchelor Hall 1140F, you will be assigned a section in the course, if there is space; and you will be given instructions on receiving appropriate signatures. Once this is complete, you will take the form back to University Extension for processing.
If you are a former UCR student, then you will need the approval of your College (CNAS, CHASS, BCOE, or AGSM) after you have obtained approval from the CNAS Enrollment Management Center.
Please contact the appropriate college office for specific procedures and policies:
Katherine Van Horn (MATH) - Batchelor Hall 1140F/ email@example.com / 951-827-3805
*YOU MUST SHOW PROOF OF CLASS ATTENDANCE TO BE ENROLLED AS A CONCURRENT STUDENT
UCR Concurrent Enrollment Website CNAS Enrollment Management Center